Kilcoy Anglican Parish is a rural parish bounded by mountain ranges containing extensive water catchments, rich in agricultural and pastoral land, forest resources, national parks and small townships. There are some secondary industries, an abattoir and fertiliser plant in Kilcoy, timber mills, tourist features, holiday resorts, dairy and beef cattle, fruit and vegetable growing and vinyards. The Parish covers Jimna to the north, D'Aguilar and Mt. Mee in the south and Woodford and Bellthorpe in the east.
History: The Parish of Kilcoy was formed in 1911 from part of Redcliffe Parish, earlier having been part of Nanango. The land for St. Mary's Church and the Rectory was part of Kilcoy Station. St. Mary's was built in 1898, being dedicated on 8th December, 1898. The Rectory was built in 1912.
St. Matthias' Church, Woodford was built in 1892 and dedicated on 28th February, 1892. This church was moved to its present site in the town centre by bullock wagon and was re-opened on 2nd November, 1914. On the centenary of this event the Parish attended an outdoor service and picnic under the jacarandas at historic 'Litschfield', outside Kilcoy. Holy Communion was served from the dining-room table which had been used for the same purpose by the Butler family at Kilcoy Station before St. Mary's Church was built.
St. Mary's Anglican Church Kilcoy: The church, hall, and rectory are situated on two acres, high on a hill above the town. The church holds approximately 100 and is air-conditioned. Both St. Mary's and St. Matthias' are equipped with screens to digitally display prayers, readings, hymns, etc.
The hall is available for hire and is fully equipped for functions.
St. Matthias' Anglican Church Woodford: The church holds approximately 90, plus a courtyard for overflow congregation.
The hall has been raised and closed in and has wheelchair access. It is presently used as an Op Shop which is open five & a half days a week and is staffed by volunteers.
Mt. Mee Community Church: Sunday Services are held on a rotational schedule with other denominations in a community hall owned by the Uniting Church and maintained by the Church Improvement Committee of local residents.
Bellthorpe Anglican Congregation meets in Bellthorpe Community Hall when there is a fifth Sunday in the month.
The Parish hosts several regular community events, including a Monster May Market, family picnics and outings, a cent auction, Kilcoy's annual Spring Flower Show (celebrating the event's 30th year in 2015) and a Quiet Day.
Priest in Charge is the
Rev'd. Jilleen Chambers